Madrid Time

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Piso

I thought I would be able to find an apartment in 4 days... turns out I was sorely mistaken!  My Spanish is not nearly what I thought it was.  In fact, I feel like it's worse a week into it than it was before I came.  Anyway, I couldn't get a hold of anyone on the phone or through email, so the day crept up on me that I had to be out of my hostal, and I had NOWHERE to go!  I sat in the lobby with my suitcases and my laptop on my lap thinking....what next?!?!?  (I think I even said a quick little prayer)  Then I remembered that I had looked at this attic room where these Americans from Portland Oregon (yes, I said Portland) were living.  It was dark, and gross, and I couldn't imagine living there (I think I even mentioned it in my earlier blog).  I asked them if I could stay with them a few days until I could find a proper room, and thankfully they said yes!  The night I get there, their Landlord comes and tells us he has a 3 bedroom apartment down the hall coming open!!! I can't believe it!  So, long story short, I'm living with two kids from Portland, Zack and Marissa!  More to come later, but it's a tiny little apartment, but it has 2 bathrooms and a little terrace that looks over a very Spanish street!  Pics to follow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a nailbiter! I'm so happy that you have a place, and that you get to start out with your Portland connections. You'll branch out as you get settled, but it's not so bad to have some readymade friends.

    I hope you are enjoying the adventure. I'm sure this is stressful but you've got a whole new city and country and continent to explore! Live large, honeybunny!

    ReplyDelete