Madrid Time

Thursday, September 23, 2010

1st 4 days

It's been a whirlwind of a week here!  I got really sick the 2nd day and had to visit a "Centro Salud" to see a Dr.  I got an ear infection from flying.  But I'm happy to report that I got some antibiotics and I'm on the up!  Went to orientation and met 3 others from Portland Oregon!  It's a small world!  They wanted me to be their roommate, but the room they had was basically a crawl space.  You couldn't stand up in it.  I may not have super high standards, but I feel like it's ok require head room.  I'm going to look at a place tomorrow on a street called Fuencarral.  It's this amazing shopping street right in the middle of everything!  I hope it's as cute as the pictures.  The guy on the phone was super bossy and insisted that I be there at 11:30 on the DOT!  But that is one thing I'm figuring out...Spanish Folk are very DIRECT.  There are no niceties.

Haven't had any fantastic food experiences yet... but I know I will soon.  I ordered a salad with chicken, and it was iceburg lettuce swimming in thousand island dressing with ketchup drizzled over it.  I almost puked.

Puerta del Sol
Gran Via
Here are some pics of Gran Via and Puerta del Sol!  I need to get better at photography!  I'm still figuring out my camera!

3 comments:

  1. Can I come be your professional photographer? Love the streets, buildings, and sunshine filled skies that you've shown us so far! Sounds like things are off to a great start. I have my fingers crossed that you'll find the perfect place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! I want to start taking pictures of the street signs here. They are all little tile plaques on the side of buildings. Some of them are quite elaborate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your pics are great! Hope you find some delicious food! That salad sounded really.... yucky!

    ReplyDelete